Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Life Worth Living

I woke up this morning to the sweet sound of birds singing outside my window. Their harmonies promise warm weather, fresh breezes and renewed energy. Like a snake charmer they mesmerize me with their melody, and I find it easier to rise and meet the day.

I poured a brisk cup of coffee, stepped onto my front porch, and breathed deeply of rich soil and new grass. I took in the sight of my cherry tree in full blossom, and the blanket of fuchsia flowers on my Red bud. Both danced in the wind as I watched with admiration. And all the while, my ears were treated to another chorus from an array of birds who call my trees home. I love springtime in Missouri!

There are two times of year when I especially enjoy my drive back and forth to Leasburg. Spring and fall. The tone of colors are vastly different, but each one stimulates creativity none the less. In March and April I appreciate the pinks, greens and whites sprinkled throughout the hills in our area. As the temperatures rise, the whole world comes alive after a long winter of hibernation.

Once I arrive at work, I step out of my vehicle, and I'm greeted by a new song. The music of birds who call Ozark Outdoors home. There is one small difference here. The welcoming sound of our feathered troupe carries across the water, and the symphony magnifies and reverberates around the resort. Nothing compares to the energy generated by the river.

I long to hop in a canoe, float down the river, and let nature soothe my winter-worn soul. However, the door of opportunity only opens a short time, and allows me entry to the unique pleasures of spring. I hope I don't miss it and I hope you don't either. It's time to celebrate spring in Missouri, God's best, life worth living!

No comments:

Post a Comment