Monday, June 29, 2009

The Sun Might Be Beautiful, but Boy Does She Sting!

As the water falls and temperatures climb, my sun soaked skin thirsts for high SPF block in Leasburg. Finally....clear water, blue skies and hot temps at Ozark Outdoors...YES!

My entire body needs color, but I know the dangers of UVA and UVB rays, so I'm taking precautions with good sunscreen and plenty of it. My white legs need blush, but hold the red please. I want a tan, but it's not worth the long-term damage to get it, so pass the sun screen and I'll slather it on!

I love the sun's positive effects like warmth, light and immunity boosting vitamin D3 synthesis in my body. Sunshine also enhances my mood and kills pathogens. Finding the happy-medium between healthy sunlight and damaging UV rays makes me a happy camper.

It's going to be a scorcher this weekend, so cover up and cool off at the river. A golden glow is the finishing touch to a great outdoors experience!

This past weekend, I witnessed dozens and dozens of floaters and campers with skin-damaging sun burns, and it reminds me how precious our skin is. We were given our skin to protect our bodies, and when our skin is damaged, our bodies are vulnerable to damage. My teeth cringe and my skin tightens when I see all of those sunburns!

So take care of your skin this summer! I hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment