Saturday, November 14, 2009

Deer Season Is Here!

6am – I woke up this morning, completely refreshed and ready to start moving. It’s opening day of rifle season, and I can’t be more excited! Although I can’t hunt today, I will definitely strap on my camouflage and join the adventure this week.

I passed several vehicles with passengers covered in orange from head to toe, only small pieces of camouflage showing. One gentleman was parked next to his trophy, grinning from ear to ear, as I passed by.

The drive to work reminded me of the vivid oranges I photographed just weeks before when the autumn leaves changed colors. Every hunter is required to be 1/3 covered in orange as a safety measure, and I’m extremely glad they follow those guidelines!

When I got to Ozark Outdoors, I wondered if any of the hunters I passed were camping and lodging with us. Around 10am, one of our customers, dressed in camouflage and bright orange, stopped in the office to show us the button buck he had just shot.

It makes me feel good to know we can provide a place for hunters to stay next to hundreds of Huzzah Conservation Area acres, free to anyone with a valid tag. It’s another way to enjoy the gift of nature’s bounty..

I invite you to spend your days in the sanctity of the outdoors and your evenings around a campfire. Share the story of the 30-pointer you saw, but couldn’t get the trigger set in time. Deer season is here at Ozark Outdoors; the coffee is hot, the cabins are warm, and orange abounds. Tell me your story, and I’ll tell you mine :-)

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment